Perth Natural Medical Clinic’s Naturopath specialising in Weight Management is:
Lesley Oakes ND, FAARM, ABAAHP Diplomate
Lesley is a naturopath and Board Certified anti-ageing practitioner who specialises in weight management which offers an individually-tailored approach to your weight problem and believes that effective weight management can be achieved by correcting imbalances that contribute to weight gain.
Many factors can be influencing your ability to lose weight. Causes of weight gain can include:-
- Allergies/food intolerances
- Hormone imbalances including PMS, PCOS, perimenopause, menopause, andropause
- Thyroid hormone dysfunction
- Insulin Resistance
- Toxicity – poor detoxification
- Inflammation – fluid weight gain
- Stress hormones
- Sleep deprivation
- Yeast infection
- Lack of exercise,water, fibre
Lesley uses advanced pathology testing to identify abnormal function and imbalance to give direction to your treatment including salivary/urinary hormones and Thyroflex Thyroid Testing.
Here is a short video of Lesley taking about it :-
Thyroflex is a non-invasive thyroid test which measures brachioradialis reflexometry and resting metabolic rate.
The Thyroflex test identifies if your thyroid function is under or overactive or within optimal range.
If you are already taking thyroid medication the Thyroflex helps to ensure you are on the appropriate thyroid hormone replacement dosage with 98.5% accuracy.
The thyroid controls how much weight you put on and whether you get tired or worn out. If your thyroid is not working, neither are you.
See the Thyroflex thyroid test demonstrated and explained on the Dr Phil TV show … click here
Current Thyroid tests used:
- Thyroid blood test: blood testing of the thyroid shows how much hormone we have, not whether they are working. You may have good levels of thyroid hormone but they may not be working well.
- Basal body temperature: requires taking your temperature first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. Temperature must be taken at the same time every day to provide accurate results. The results can be ambiguous.
- Thyroflex test: the Thyroflex test is 98.5% accurate in diagnosing thyroid problems and is FDA certified.
Do You Experience Any Of The Following Symptoms?
- Dry hair & skin?
- Weight gain around the middle?
- Poor memory and concentration?
- Depression and irritability?
- Feeling foggy?
- Aching muscles and joint pain?
- Hair Loss?
- Low libido?
If you answered yes to three or more you may have an under active thyroid gland. Call now on 93289233 to arrange an appointment with Lesley Oakes who specializes in treating thyroid conditions.
Transform Weight Loss into Fat Loss with VLA
Did you know that losing weight on a typical low calorie diet may actually be burning away muscle, not fat? Studies have shown that fat loss on a low calorie diet might only make up just over half of the total weight loss. Muscle loss means you will have fewer mitochondria to burn energy and a lower metabolic rate, making it all too easy for rebound weight gain to occur.
When you book a VLA consultation with Lesley, receive your VLA test for free!
Lesley then customises a treatment plan based on your own individual needs, including the very effective Shake-It Program. The right nutrition is essential for body compositional changes to occur and specialised nutrients can help reduce body fat directly by increasing the metabolic rate.
Your progress will be monitored and results charted over time allowing you to ‘see’ as well as feel your health improvement.